lørdag 4. september 2010

My big fat greek holiday


First of all I apologize for the lack of blogs lately. I've had a serious case of writers block.

Well, that and the fact that I really feel like there's been nothing worth blogging about, mostly because I've been worn out from work.

Now I've had 3 weeks holiday, and am partially rejuvenated, so I'll give it a shot again.


First holiday week was spent in Oslo. I had an idea that I should eat more sushi, so off I went. Booked hotels and all, 3 nights in one, 1 at another. Spent too much money, didn't feel very relaxed at all, because the first hotel room was at a noisy street, and the second one was a smoking room, and all night I felt like throwing up at the smell.
Went to the Øyafestival for a day, to see a couple of gigs and pretend to be young again. It was raining cats and dogs that day, and I stood there, mid mud, but managed to get through 10 gigs before the day was over. So was pleased with that.

Then back home for a week. Attended a friends wedding, which was really nice.



Decided it was time to spend some days with my boyfriend, so packed my suitcase and headed to Narvik.

He was still working, so I just hung around there, doing nothing. Then on saturday we got up bright and early, and headed to the airport. Ahead of us was a week in the sun sun sun, which we sadly can't say we have had much of up here this summer.

Destination Crete

The place was tranquil and awesome, I really enjoyed every minute of the week there. Sun, warmth, hotel pool, beach, downtown with restaurants and all kinds of crazy gadgets..



We ate, we bathed, sunbathed, caught a few freckles, a burnt wrist and a few fried shoulders.. (everything quite normal), but most of all, we relaxed and loved every minute of it.
I can honestly say I felt like a new, fresh person after 1 day down there. Exactly what the doctor prescribed.

Will now put a few photos from my trip, didn't take many, but I guess a select few are suitable for blog posting.


Our hotel area


Downtown Chania


Market with all kinds of wooden instruments


Restaurant street and my man


Sunset


The Chania lighthouse in the Venetian Harbour

2 kommentarer:

  1. beautiful pictures and nice to "meet" your boyfriend.

    Why no caption under the third picture. ;-)

    SvarSlett
  2. Lol because the text over says 'gadgets'.
    It's a bottle opener btw ;)

    SvarSlett